Greek Week Pairing Selections
By Katie Loher
An exciting time is approaching as sorority and fraternity pairings are selected for 2016 Greek Week.
In the past couple years, the Greek Week pairing selection process has become more randomized and equal for the chapters to have a successful Greek Week experience. This has created a more positive environment, and more chance for success within every pairing. Greek Week at Mizzou is an exciting time where members of chapters get to know one another, participate in sporting events, create a skit for Fling, and most importantly complete service work that benefits the greater Columbia area.
This year, the pairing selection took place on February 17th in Allen Auditorium at 7:00 pm. Liaisons for every chapter as well as some of the chapter presidents filed in to the auditorium and took their seats to await the reveal of their Greek Week pairing.
Before this process began sororities and fraternities were given a list of potential pairings whom they would preference. At the event, every sorority and fraternity grouping’s name is written on a ping-pong ball and placed in a fishbowl. One of the Greek Week co-directors would then randomly select one of the balls and read off the name. When the chapters name was called, they would be given the first choice on their list. If their first choice was already in a pairing, the chapter would get their second choice, and so on from there. At the end, all chapters seemed to be excited to meet their pairings and get started with planning Greek Week events for 2016.
Greek Week will take place from April 3-17th. For more information on the specific events and dates, visit http://greeklife.missouri.edu/programs/greek-week/.
The Greek Week groupings are as follows:
- Zeta Tau Alpha, Pi Kappa Alpha, & Sigma Phi Delta
- Kappa Delta, Sigma Nu, & Alpha Tau Omega
- Chi Omega, Kappa Sigma, & Alpha Epsilon Pi
- Kappa Alpha Theta, Beta Theta Pi, and Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Gamma Phi Beta, Delta Sigma Phi, & Zeta Beta Tau
- Sigma Kappa, Sigma Chi, and Alpha Gamma Sigma
- Pi Beta Phi & Phi Kappa Theta
- Delta Delta Delta, Sigma Phi Epsilon, & Alpha Kappa Lambda
- Sigma Sigma Sigma, Delta Chi, & Phi Delta Theta
- Alpha Phi, Sigma Pi, & Tau Kappa Epsilon
- Alpha Chi Omega, Theta Chi, Beta Sigma Psi, & Sigma Tau Gamma
- Delta Gamma, Farmhouse, & Delta Upsilon
- Alpha Delta Pi, Delta Tau Delta, & Acacia
- Phi Mu, Phi Gamma Delta, & Delta Kappa Epsilon
- Kappa Kappa Gamma, Lambda Chi Alpha, & Kappa Alpha Order